Clinical Nurse positions opened by the Queensland Government.
Where you’ll be working
- Position Title: Nurse, Grade 6
- Total remuneration value of up to $115,508 per annum (A salary between $94,545 – $101,237 p.a. for Full Time work. An hourly rate between $47.68 – $51.05)
- Location: Rockhampton, QLD
- Hours: Negotiable
- Several positions open
Queensland welcomes people from interstate and overseas with ideas, skills and initiative to share a quality of life that ranks with the best in the world. A relaxed lifestyle, affordable homes and easy commuting make Queensland one of Australia’s most attractive places to live and work.
Queensland Health offers opportunities to further your career in a variety of clinical and non-clinical positions. The sector employs a broad range of health professionals who work together to provide optimum health care, and understands the importance for allied health professionals to continuously develop skills and further develop their career.
In Queensland Health, all health professionals are employed under an eight level Health Practitioner (HP) structure. This is based on minimum qualification, skill and knowledge requirements. Clinical, education and research positions range from levels HP3 to HP7, while managerial positions range from HP4 to HP8. Advancement within each level occurs by one increment each year, provided annual performance appraisal is satisfactory. To progress to a higher level, you must apply directly for jobs when they are advertised.
- Treat patients and children independently
- Diagnose and treat infections, illnesses, burns, wounds, bites, stings, fractures, chest infections or other health conditions
- Order blood and radiology tests such as x-rays
- Prescribe pain relief and medications to patients
- Refer patients to specialists
- Issue medical certificates where appropriate
- Communicate with your local GP.
Vaccine Preventable Diseases (VPD) Requirements: It is a condition of employment for a Clinical Nurse to be, and remain, vaccinated against vaccine preventable diseases as listed on the Role Description.
Please contact Recruitment Services at CQ Health and quote the Job Ad Reference (JAR) RK1I387457, or head to the Queensland Government Health website for more information.