Scientia Medical Heart Clinic is a boutique general cardiology practice with two locations. We are a young but busy practice looking to grow our team.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated medical secretary who is after a supportive and flexible work environment. We are offering a flexible 2-day week at our North Ryde and Pennant Hills office.
The successful candidate will
- Attend to all calls and assisting patient with enquiries
- Schedule appointments for all cardiologists and sonographer at 2 locations. This includes the creation, modification and cancelling of appointments between patients, the practice and North Shore Private Hospital
- Assist with the creation and distribution of medical reports and summaries
- Arranging referrals to other health care providers
- General light housekeeping around the office
- Assist the team with ad hoc projects
- Source and obtain documents and test results required by the medical team prior to a consultation
- Maintaining patient records, including creating, updating and archiving
- Secures information by completing database back-ups.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Keeps office equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Collecting payments
- Correspond with GP, other specialists and hospital on a daily basis
- Assisting with diagnostic investigations
This is a high-functioning position, the successful candidate must possess:
- Friendly and positive nature
- Excellent and professional phone courtesy
- Exceptional personal communication skills with an ability to relate to people at different levels and from different backgrounds
- Intermediate IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to use and learn various computer software
- Fantastic organisational skills with attention to detail
- Team mind-set
- Great time management skills
- Previous experience in a medical setting is preferable, but not required
Salary is dependent on experience
Why work with us?
We are an energetic and supportive team with a strong desire to grow and help as many patients as we can. You will be part of a warm and welcoming environment where your ideas will be heard and valued.